Friday 2 September 2011

Broad Bean & Pecorino Tagliatelli

Ok, so went to Fallon & Byrne at lunchtime recently to browse. Food shopping for me is like shoe shopping for my wife. A cliche I know but true nonetheless. I wanted something seasonal, fresh, quick and healthy.

I picked up some Rustichella d'Abruzzo Tagliatelli, some fresh broad beans, some Glenilen low fat cream cheese, some pecorino with chilli, fresh parsley and a lemon.



I blanched the broad beans in salted water till soft, reserved half and put the other half in a blitzer with some of the cream cheese, some grated pecorino, a little fruity extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, a litle water from the blanching and salt/pepper. This made a lovely sauce.

To assemble, I just cooked the tagliatelli, poured over the sauce and plated up with some grated cheese, parsley and thereamaining broad beans.

All in all, 20 minutes of easy cooking for a really tasty plate of food.

1 comment:

  1. I love Tagliatelli, if you want to learn how to make the dough tagliatelli the more traditional way, check out the video of Chef recipe with Paulinho Pecora.

    According to Chef Paulinho Pecora

    "These steps are ancient descendants of Italians among us and passed from generation to generation in my family. In some of my events and requests as well proceed with the making of the dough. "

    massa tagliatelli da maneira mais tradicional

    http://chichef.com/tagliatelli-alluovo-a-moda-antiga/

    ReplyDelete