Friday 2 September 2011

Steamed Salmon, streamed rice with Vietnamese Carrot Salad

I've been cooking low fat, low cal a bit more recently in an effort to reduce the lbs. I love Asian food so this recipe from Good Food website jumped out at me.

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/9313/vietnamese-carrot-salad

Since I have a very handy rice steamer, I decided to steam the rice and cook the salmon above it at the same time. Whilst that was going on I did the carrot salad.

2 limes , 1 juiced and 1 cut into cheeks to serve
  • 3 tbsp fish sauce
  • 3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
  • 2 cm chunk root ginger , finely grated
  • 3 large carrots , finely shredded - a mandolin does the job quickly
  • ½ white cabbage , very finely shredded
  • a large bunch mint , chopped
  • a large handful peanuts , toasted and chopped

  • Mix all the wet ingerdients together and add to the cabbage, carrot, mint. Throw in the nuts at the end. It was really delicious and very healthy.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment